Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Cards....

Well.....I've done it again!  For the second year in a row I found THE perfect Christmas cards!  Last year's card had birdhouses with cardinals...two of the houses had the words 'Love' and 'Peace' written on them.....exactly what I wanted to say!   I bought them weeks ahead of time so that I would get them out early!  I started signing them, and each time I wrote 'With Much Love-- Julie and Annie-Laurie' I got sadder and sadder.  So I didn't finish them.

This year's cards are equally as cute and perfect....a starry background with three bare trees done in silver and one big green Christmas tree with a perfect reddest of red cardinals perched on top. I even went to the post office early to buy the stamps, so they wouldn't be picked over!   I can't even open the boxes.  If I sign them, 'With Much Love--Julie, Annie-Laurie, and Chad', I fear that people will think that I've lost touch with reality, and thus will worry.  But signing them without Chad's name seems so wrong!

So...I can't do cards again this year.  It's a one-step-at-a-time thing....I know that.  This is one step I can't take yet. Maybe next year.

Know that all of you are in my thoughts, and I'm wishing you a blessed Christmas season. 

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie;
    Here is an idea for your Christmas cards. Sign them Julie, Annie-Laurie, and Chad who is watching down from Heaven.

    That way you are still honoring his memory.

    Love and prayers to you,

    Lolita aka~ Lulabelle

    ReplyDelete