Monday, November 21, 2011

Never Change....

During his 8th grade year and a portion of his 9th grade year, Chad attended a boarding school in Pomfret, CT called The Rectory School.  Rectory is one of my most favorite places....partially because it was one of Chad's most favorite places, and partially because it's such a special and wonderful school.  Much of the staff actually resides right on campus, and many of them also serve as dorm parents.  Just think about that, my friends who are involved in education.  These precious people spend each day teaching kids, and many of them return home after that day (which all of us know can be a VERY long day) to supervise those same kids through their afternoon activities, dinner, studying, and bedtime.  And then they wake up and do it all over again....every day!!!  These are not people who have only chosen to teach;  I believe that each staff member must be called and ordained by God to educate children.  They focus not only on the reading, writing, and arithmetic portion of education......which, incidentally they do VERY well!  They also focus on educating each child to be the best person he/she can be....physically, emotionally, and spiritually, as well as intellectually.  I'm telling you.....these 'Rectory Folks', to whom I now refer as my 'Rectory Family', are not just regular people.  They are, each one of them, angels.  I know that Chad spent some of the happiest days of his life at Rectory, and I don't believe that I'll ever be able to find the words to express how deeply I love each one of those angels who so impacted Chad's life. 

Chad maintained friendships with several of his 'Rectory Buddies' and also with some of his teachers and dorm parents.  One of his closest friends, Lexy Carey, posted the most beautiful song on Chad's Facebook Wall, and I wanted to share it here with you.  When I wrote Lexy to ask her permission, she answered, telling me that Chad had actually sent this song to her only a couple of days before he left us.  Knowing that fills me with SO many emotions that I can't name them all.  And it also tells me that Rectory and Chad's most special Rectory friends remained in his heart and were as much a part of his life as during the time that he was physically with them.  On the day of Chad's funeral, a memorial service was held in the chapel on the Rectory Campus.  Lexy wrote and presented an amazing and touching tribute to Chad.  I believe she must be an angel, too!

Rectory Family, know that you are and will always be some of the most special people in my life!  Sometimes when I'm missing Chad the most, my mind drifts to Pomfret, and I remember the blanket of love that all of you wrapped him in while he was there and suddenly, I feel as though I'm wrapped in that same blanket.....your love travels all the way to Southeast Missouri.  I hope that you can feel my love traveling to Connecticut!

Love,
Julie

www.rectoryschool.org

No comments:

Post a Comment