Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'll Remember

Hey!


It's been awhile since I've written...1) I've had some internet issues; and 2) I've lacked inspiration.  This "New Normal" has been a roller-coaster, as, I know,  is life in general.  It's, in many ways, difficult to believe that six months ago today was the beginning of the 'forever change' in my family's life.  Sometimes it seems like yesterday, and sometimes it seems so remote that I think it must have been a bad dream.  The one consistency is that I've noticed that the 'ups' on the roller-coaster aren't nearly as 'up there' as they were when Chad was here....amid all the happy times, there's a sadness that he's not here sharing them with us.  I DO continue to feel his presence always, but I miss seeing his face, hearing his giggle, and just experiencing 'him'!

But, UGH!!  I don't want this, my first entry in a long while, to be a downer!!!  So I have to share a story with you.  About three weeks ago, I had made a mad dash into my house, headed from my parents' house to meet Annie-Laurie in Nashville.  I'd just run in to grab a couple of things before getting back on the road.  As I walked through the middle of the house, I heard music coming from upstairs.  I should back up here and tell you that when I first came back to Cape, the alarm would go off in Chad's bedroom.  It was constantly 'on' because it never woke Chad up, and each morning I would go into his room to wake him myself, with his alarm blaring, and him sound asleep!  So, needless to say, after about the second time I heard the alarm, the clock, radio, EVERYTHING was turned to 'off'!!!  So, back to the music.  KNOWING I'd turned the thing off, I went upstairs, hearing the music all the way up.  When I got to his desk, I began to listen to the words:  'Don't forget to remember me...'  It was a song I hadn't heard before.  You see, Chad loved music, and especially country music.  He would often bring his computer to me so that he could play me a new song that he'd discovered.  So here he was, sharing another new one with me!  I only listened to a part of the song that day, and told Chad outloud that there was no way in this world that I'd EVER forget to remember him!!  It was only last week that I heard the song by Carrie Underwood in its entirity on the radio.  Since I didn't recognize the song initially, I didn't know if I'd ever hear the whole thing again, or even know what the song was.  But the day I heard it on the radio, I knew immediately that it was 'our song'.

Now, under normal circumstances, Chad would SOOO roll his eyes at me if I ever referred to a song as 'our song' , and I'm sure he'd have been devistated to think that I'd tell the world that we have a song.  But I kinda think in this case he won't mind.

Chad....I definitely won't forget to remember!!!  Love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment