Sunday, July 7, 2013

Kimmie....

Good Morning, Friends--

There was a period in my life a few years ago...in the years leading up to my son's death...in which I felt like I was living under a very dark, and very heavy cloud.  During that time, my office was located in the Central Junior High School building, right next door to the classroom of Kimberly Adelson.  Kimmie was one of only a very small handful of people who knew some of what was going on in my life back then.  Nearly everyday, we had lunch together with Kelly and Di.  And if I wasn't able to schedule my lunch back at the Junior High, Kimmie and I generally found at least a moment to sit down for a chat at some point during the day.  I SO loved those talks!  Sometimes we talked about 'my cloud', but usually we just talked about everything else!  I'm not sure that I've ever fully expressed to Kimmie how much those talks meant to me then....and still mean to me these  years later.  Those talks helped me to forget 'my cloud', and made me feel 'normal' for a little awhile.  But, most importantly, Kimmie never failed....NEVER failed....to make me laugh.  Laughing is, I think, my most favorite thing to do, so if someone can make me laugh, they instantly are given a special part of my heart.  Kimmie most definitely has one of those parts!

During my last year at the Junior High, Kimmie began to experience health issues.  After many, many, MANY procedures and misdiagnoses, a very rare form of cancer was discovered.  Kimmie fought and beat not one, but two rounds of that crappy cancer, and survived a stem cell transplant.  Kimmie's fight was fierce, but, through it all, she never lost her spirit or her sense of humor, and was a living testament of faith, strength, and resilience.....AND survival.  She just recently celebrated her one year post-transplant birthday, and was preparing to settle into her new home near her mom and step-dad in sunny Arizona, where everyday is the perfect golf day!

Late last week, Kimmie was stricken with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which research tells me, can be every bit as crappy as cancer.  The paralysis has currently consumed Kimmie's body, and she has been admitted to the ICU at Banner Del E Webb Memorial Hospital in Arizona.   Once again, Kimmie has been given a battle
 to fight, and she needs some prayer warriors to join with her in that battle.  I feel pretty certain that most, if not all, who read this blog believe in the power of prayer, so I'm asking you to please join us in Kimmie's battle.  She needs another miracle, and I STRONGLY believe in miracles.....and so does Kimmie.  Let's please blanket her in prayer for her peace, comfort, and complete healing.  Thanks in advance, and I'll keep you posted!  In case you're a 'card person', here's the address of the hospital:  Banner Deal E Webb Memorial Hospital; 14502 W. Meeker Blvd; Sun City West, AZ  85375.

                                                                     
You and God have got this, Kimmie!  Love you!

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment